Sunday, July 1, 2012

Labor & Delivery tour

We had our L&D tour today, and i have to say i LOVE the hospital.. We were greeted by a really nice nurse, her name is Dawn and i really hope she will be there when i have baby. I told her a little about my Issues and explained that i will have to have a C-section, so she showed us the recovery room and told us that they actually have TWO OR's one on the L&D floor and the "main OR' she explained that Hubby will only be able to be with me during the C-section if i have the C-section at the L&D OR, and ONLY if i have a Epidural. I am praying that Hubby will be able to be with me. What i really like is that the baby will be with me in the recovery room {unless baby has breathing issues}. she also showed us the "postpartum rooms" Every room {single bed} has a TV, internet and a sleep sofa so hubby will be able to stay with me at the hospital after i have baby!. which is fantastic, that gives T time to bond with baby.

Dawn said that patients with a Planned C-section + hysterectomy usually go home after 3-4 days. I asked her what would happen to baby IF something goes wrong and i would end up in the ICU. She said that the baby's usually stay in the nursery OR in the NICU. In that case i would have to pump BM an have Hubby feed baby { or the nurse at night because hubby wouldn't be able to stay over night}

Tom and i already decided that if i end up in the ICU i will NOT allow anyone to visit me {besides him}. They have an age restriction, so Annabell and Hailey wouldn't be allowed to see me, i think it would be A LOT easier on them if they just wait at home instead of coming to the hospital, not being able to see me, it would break my heart.

ALSO i have some REALLY exciting news :D a few days ago i saw a post in one of my FB groups. the lady is a Birth doula in training, and posted that she is looking for expecting  mothers, she Offers her services free of charge for the first 10 expecting Mom' s. {how awesome is that}. We will meet up tomorrow evening , i am super excited :D OH and the best part, shes GERMAN :) 




well thats it for today. I am off now to snuggle up with the Hubster :)

2 comments:

K'sWifey said...

i like this update :)
i really hope that there will not be any complications and the doula part is freaking cool :)

Anonymous said...

I hope all goes well Miss :)

Post a Comment