Wednesday, May 9, 2012

getting close

I had my OB/GYN appointment this am, i also had an ultrasound done. Good news is, that the placenta has NOT attached itself to my Bladder. But everything else basically stayed the same. two Dr. are now certain that i have an accreta. I will have an MRI done soon but even the MRI can't give us a 100% yes or no on the accreta. My OB/GYN said that i will have to have a hysterectomy done, because if they try to remove the placenta and i in fact have an accereta { which can only be diagnosed once the placenta is sent to the Lab} i could bleed to death and/or it makes the hysterectomy much more difficult and risky for me. I am not ready for this to happen. I am not ready to lose the ability to carry any more children. Ive known about the possibility of a hysterectomy for a few weeks now, but it just now really hit me for some reason!. iam only 26 {27 by the time baby is born} i shouldnt have to face such a heartbreaking desicion at such a young age :(

i have my next OB/GYN appointment in 2 weeks. He also asked me to please get the glucouse test done before my appointment { i REALLY hoped to skip it this time lol} and in 6 weeks is my next ultrasound. i can't believe that in 10 to 11 weeks baby will be here!

3 comments:

Maike said...

wow, that is some news to digest!! it's hard when the decision to have more babies is taken away from you like that. i wish you all the strength in the world for this!!

DeAnna said...

It's hard to face that decision. I had to have my tubes tied because of the last 2 girls being early. I was going to do it after Adriana and when I was having her I told then last min NOT to. Which I am happy I did. But I have embrassed the fact that I have 4 babies that I have been blessed with. I am wanting another one really bad right now. =( Hang in there doll... you should think about freezing some of your eggs and maybe doing a seriogant possibley or tossing up the idea of adoption. hang in there and try and savory every min of your pregency. I tried to do the same even with all the pain I was in. (((hugs)))

K'sWifey said...

I am truly sorry, that you have to deal with so much right now. I can totally understand how heartbreaking it is to know for a fact that you won't be able to get pregnant again. That is a hard situation because you are still so young.
That glucose test is so nasty :( Time seemed to be flying. It is crazy how far ahead you already are. Sending big hugs your way.

Post a Comment