Thursday, July 26, 2012

9 Days post partum

Well Hello Hello my Dear readers. Its been 9 days since Miss Allison made her grand entrance.
Its been a rough 9 days im not gonna lie. This vertical incision is A LOT harder to deal with then thought, BUT i  keep going and try to cope with the pain the best way i possibly can. Last week sunday i ended up in the L & D ward because something wasnt quite right with my foley catheter. They removed the old one and put a new one in place. And HOLY HELL that shit hurt. I had catheters placed before and they were uncomfortable BUT not painful. But my Bladder spasmed which made it harder to push the catheter int my bladder. I was in tears by the time the nurse was done.
I woke up with HORRIBLE pain only 2 days after having my catheter replaced. I called my OB/GYN and explained that i did not pass any urine through my catheter. they had me come in right away, they were worried that my bladder bursts.
So we went to temple and a nurse came in with a new catheter... All i could think was " OH Fuck no, not again" i told the nurse that i rather not have another one put in place, that i had it done 2 days ago, and that i think that the one i have now is clogged up since i was able to pass urine on my own after i pushed that balloon in my bladder up.
My OB/GYN came in shortly after and asked how i am doing i explained the whole thing to him and he said he is going to talk to urology to see what they say. He then looked at me, shook his head, and said " You are tough i dont know how you do it"
He came back shortly after, and said urology is waiting for me, he left the catheter in place so they can fill my bladder with the contrast liquid. They filled my bladder with almost 200 ML and clamped the catheter, it felt like i am about to burst, the most uncomfortable feeling i've felt. BUT we did get some good pics


The structure of a normal bladder is smooth. Part of my Bladder is rigid { see circled} thats what they wanted to take a closer look at. NO leakage or tears YAY. That meant i was able to get rid of the catheter. The removal this time was not painful at all. I left the hospital a Happy camper lol. 

TODAY was the day i dreaded the most. STAPLE REMOVAL i was terrified, because i never had an incision that big. But the nurses were really nice and the 35 + staples were removed in no time and only a few were Painful.


looks  A LOT better if you ask me :) I still have a hard time getting used to the huge scar, but then i look at my little miracle baby and i KNOW why i go through the things i currently go though. I am starting to ease up on the pain meds. I dont take them regularly  anymore, only when i really need them.


I am currently on 2 different types of Pain Killers + iron + Stool softener +  Antibiotics



Little miss Allison is doing GREAT. We enrolled her in deers today and on friday we will get her into tricare and set up with an Pediatrician. She passed her hearing only on the right side but the nurse said its probably because her ear canals are super tiny. Her bilirubin is FINALLY going down { it was a 15.9 on sunday i think} we have been sunbathing since and her color has improved :) Her umbilical cord is about to fall off so that means lil missy will get a REAL bath soon :D Shes such a good baby, sleeping a solid 2-3 hours at night i feel very blessed. Right now she snoozing away in her little crib.

1 comments:

Maike said...

your belly looks much better without the staples! still praying for you so you heal super fast! and i bet every time you look at allison you feel better! i know i do ;)
*hugs*

Post a Comment