Friday, April 20, 2012

First visit to the L&D

I woke up this morning and i just felt weird. I had a headache and was super dizzy. I thought it might be because i didnt drink enough water, so i upped my Water intake. My husband came home after PT to take me and the lil one to the Pediatr. for haileys appointment. I still felt "weird" and by the time we got done with hailey's appoitnment i was so dizzy that i could barely sit.
T decided to take me to the ER esp since i had some odd  "braxton hicks" we got to the ER/L&D at 10:30 and i was hooked up to the Togo right away. They did bloodwork and pushed fluids through an IV and did some Swabs. My Heartrate was through the roof, i was shaky and dizzy. We sat at the ER for FOUR hours until my Lab results FINALLY came back, my Iron is super low. its supposed to be in the 40's and mine is only 25 EEKKK. I am on also on antibiotics for an Infection {not a yeast infection but i have more "normal" bacteria then most women so i have to take the Pills twice a day for 2 weeks or so}
They first wanted me to just stick with my Iron pills, but the Doc said that it would be better to give me an IV Iron  Transfusion. I have to have 5 sessions { one session takes 3 hours} ON TOP of taking my Iron.... Why is my Iron level so important??? i am more likely to bleed during my c-section due to the possible accreta. If i dont get my iron level up by the time i am supposed to deliver OR Baby doesnt Tolerate the Transfusion, i have to have a blood transfusion.
its been a long and exhausting day, The highlight was, to see the lil one on the schreen <3
I am off for tonight <3

2 comments:

Karin said...

Da hast du ja mal nen Tag gehabt! EIne Eisentransfusion hat nicht direkt was mit Blut zu tun, das Eisen sorgt nur dafür, dass der Sauerstoff gut ans Blut andockt und wenn der zu niedrig ist, ist dein Körper mit weniger Sauerstoff versorgt, deswegen bist du müde und hast Herzrasen... lass dir die Infusionen geben, das ist wichtig! Deinem Bauchzwerg solls ja auch gut gehen und der kriegt auch Herzrasen und weniger Sauerstoff wenn du wenig hast!
Gute Besserung! Ich drück dich!!!

K'sWifey said...

oH goodness, you give me the creeps girl. I am glad you went to the ER to get that figured out!!! And i am glad it is "just" the iron! Stay strong sweetheart, you are almost there!!
Love you :)

Post a Comment