Wednesday, March 21, 2012

19 weeks 1 Day

I FINALLY have internet at our new house WoooHooo. I am 19w 1ds pregnant and feeling GREAT at the moment ( besides the backpain). Nothing really changed since my last post, BUT i forgot to mention the discussion i had with my OB/GYN about VBA2C or Repeat C-section.
He said i am not the Perfect Candidate for a Vbac since i have never been in fullblown laor { Kaitlyns Birth does not count because i was induced, and only 18 weeks along}, I also told them that my biggest fear is that my Uterus ruptures during labor and that i could lose Baby or even die during Labor. He said that it IS a risk especially after 2 C-sections. I also asked him how long they would let me go past my due date and/or if they induce me. He said They will NOT induce me and if i dont start labor on my own by 41 weeks i WILL have a C-section... Basically what the Docs would do it Schedule a C-section for 41w0ds and if i go into labor before that date GREAT but if not i will have a C-section. I am torn, i dont want to try and Vbac and Baby goes  into disstress and then have to go through C-section in the end if Vaginal labor goes wrong!. But i would also LOVE to have the baby Vaginally because C-section IS  major surgery after all.
I will have to sit down and talk to T about the pro's and con's in the end Baby's safety is Priority #1 and i might have to forget about my "selfish" wish to VBAC.

Baby has been real active :D His/her kicks are getting stronger and i LOVE to feel my little one!. S/he is still not kicking har enough to video tape it. I see it but it doesnt show on tape :( Oh well maybe next week :)

Can you believe i am about to hit the half way mark already????

2 comments:

K'sWifey said...

You gotta do what is safe for the baby AND you. If you die during labor, you would leave tom with 3 children. On top of the pain of loosing you AND there could be trouble with Bells you know? Man, i just don't want you to die, after all, that can be dangerous. If a C-section is safer, i'd go for it. I am sure you will make the right decision :) And i love your 19 week baby belly <3

Maike said...

it does sound pretty risky for you and the baby to have a VBAC and while a c-section is major surgery you are still young and in good shape. i do understand why you want the VBAC. just listen to your gutt feeling here. it's a tough decision, but you have an awesome hubby by your side, so whatever you decide you won't be alone =) best of luck!

Post a Comment