Sunday, January 22, 2012

Breakfast suck....

... when you are Pregnant!. My little Family and i LOVE Breakfast, and every morning i make a Kick ass breakfast, because Breakfast is the most important meal of the day PLUS its SOOOOOO Delicious. We usually have:
Bacon, Eggs ( over easy) Toast with butter / ham & Pancakes
Since i have learned that i am pregnant, i stopped eating over easy eggs { potential exposure to salmonella* }
Bacon {because of the risk of contamination with coliform bacteria, toxoplasmosis**, and salmonella. }
 Deli meat { potential exposure to listeria***}
so my breakfast is SUPER boring :( i usually eat plain toast with some jam. I did try hardboiled eggs... BUT stickybean is not fond of hardboiled eggs... i would go as far as calling him/her a"hard boiled eggs hater" i got SO sick after eating one that i will NEVER ever be able to eat hardboiled eggs anymore... EVER.



I know most ppl will say "aaaah, i still eat my eggs over easy, im pretty sure nothing is gonna happen to my baby" and most of the time it HAS a good outcome, but WHY risk it right?

I can eat as many over easy eggs, Bacon and Deli meat as i want as soon as sticky bean is safe in my Arms :)



*Salmonella infection crosses the placenta and may produce severe disease and death in the fetus, even when maternal symptoms are mild. DONT eat anything containing Raw eggs

**when the mother gets infected between weeks 10-24 , the risk for severe problems in the newborn is about 5-6%. Effects on the baby include: premature birth, low birth weight, fever, jaundice, abnormalities of the retina, mental retardation, abnormal head size, convulsions, and brain calcification.
During the 3rd trimester, a fetus has an increased risk of becoming infected, but the risk of damage to the fetus is decreased since most of the important development has already occurred.

*** Listeria has the ability to cross the placenta and may infect the baby leading to infection or blood poisoning, which may be life-threatening. It can also cause miscarriage

4 comments:

NicoleA said...

My favorite breakfast is veggie omlets. I just make sure my eggs are fully cooked before I say its done. I do stay away from the deli meats and hot dogs, seafood, anything raw, and everything else on my list of things to avaoid.
I most definitely agree that food variety while preggo is crappy, but I also agree with you on following the rules. Better safe than sorry!! I hope you can find something sticky bean likes for breakfast other than toast.
Good luck {hugs and prayers}

Mrs.B said...

i REALLY miss hot dogs :( when i REALLY crave one, i boil the shit out of them, and then cut them up and mix them into my Mc n Cheese and heat them up again :D soooooo yummi

Mrs.B said...

Baby however DOES like Scrambled eggs with cheese :D but i still miss the good old over easy eggs :(

Maike said...

more people should take the food advises serious. but there are still enough ladies out there who smoke and drink while pregnant. so right on you two!

Post a Comment