Thursday, August 23, 2012

PP appointment

I had my 6 week Post Partum Appointment 2 days ago { can you believe its been 6 weeks already??? }
he was very pleased with the incision, but told me that my surgery was " challenging " which honestly scared me a bit. But he said i pulled through like a champ.
I am glad that my Doc in fort hood transferred me to Scott & White in Temple, i was in very capable hands and well cared for.
i am officially 5 pounds below my pre-prego weight, and i just now realized that i forgot to ask about my restrictions *CRAP*  i would like to start a light workout, but playing the kinect the other day wore me out and i was super sore for 3 days.
OH and you want to hear something crazy???? apparently i might still have some bleeding when its " the time of the month" due to the fact that they left my cervix. CRAZY huh?  its of course not going to be a full blown period like bleeding but i CAN / COULD experience some spotting.
He also went over my pathology report, and it indeed was a very severe case of Placenta Percreta and there was no way around the hysterectomy. Call me crazy but i am HAPPY about it, i would have been devastated to find out that the hysterectomy was unnecessary.  
Allison is doing good, gaining weight and growing like crazy, but the Acid reflux is horrible, we had to put her on Zantac and it helps a lil. I hope she outgrows it VERY fast. it breaks my heart to see her in so much pain :(

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That is amazing, in 6 weeks you've lost all your pregnancy weight plus some. Whoo hoo!!! Poor little Allison, hope the medicine starts to help her soon. Have you tried taking dairy out of your diet to see if it helps little miss?!

Maike said...

you know, i understand that you are happy about it. it's a big surgery and a huge decision for a woman, so i m happy too, that it was truly necessary. i'm happy to hear you are making great healing progress and double *yay* for the weight loss! we keep praying for lil ms allision. babies in pain suck!

Post a Comment