Sunday, December 4, 2011

Today is going to be tough

Some of you probably already wondered why my blog says "operation baby #4" when I only have two kids in my pictures! It's because on July 9th 2008 I gave birth to a wonderful baby girl {kaitlyn Ann} unfortunately she had a birth defect called {anencephaly- The word anencephaly means “without an encephalon”, the encephalon being the set of nervous center contained in the brain. This is not an entirely accurate definition: whilst a child with anencephaly is indeed born without a scalp, without a vault of the cranium, without meninges, without either brain hemisphere and without a cerebellum, the child is nevertheless usually born with part of its cerebral trunk, brainstem find more Infos herehttp://www.anencephalie-info.org/ }....
Anencephaly belongs to the family of neural tube defects. A neural tube defect (NTD) is a congenital malformation which usually occurs 28th day after conception. Today is the 28th day after conception and also the day I am supposed to start my period! I find myself checking every five minutes for signs of AF.. I am a nervous wreck at the moment... Because I know that TODAY deferments whether or not our baby will be healthy { there is a 4% risk of having another child with anencephaly} you might think that 4% is not very high! But for everyone that has had a child with anencephaly and has been through something heartbreaking like losing a child 4% is too much! I have to wait another 9 - 10 weeks until we are able to find out if we will be able to hold a happy and healthy baby in our arms next year or if our hearts are going to be torn apart once more!
I am not writing this because im looking for pitty, but I would appreciate prayers because God knows we need them!.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be hoping and praying you have a beautiful baby girl or boy!!!! We all love you guys and cant wait to hear if everything will be ok :) Im sure it will be though

K'sWifey said...

Sweetie, i will pray every day and you know that even IF you should have a light bleeding it doesn't necessarily mean that something is going wrong, you remember, i still had light bleeding for 3 months into the pregnancy with leonie, but i know you are concerned and i understand it very good!! Try to take it easy, take a bath with hubby after the kids are put to bed, maybe watch a romantic movie and just try to enjoy the evening - that's easier said than done but you need to try to get your mind off possibly something bad happening. I am sure you will be holding a wonderful lil precious son in your arms next year or maybe a girl :) my fingers stay crossed and my prayers stay by your side. Love you!!

Post a Comment